NATIONAL ANNUAL QUALITY AWARDS -2019 NAQA
The Standards Association of Zimbabwe (SAZ), on behalf of the National Standardization, Quality Assurance, Accreditation and Metrology (SQAM) Sub-Committee, invites you to participate in the much awaited National Annual Quality Awards 2019. This is the 10th year of running the competition.
NAQA is organized by the National Standardization, Quality Assurance, Accreditation and Metrology (SQAM) Sub- Committee which forms an integral part of the national quality infrastructure and is represented by the Standards Association of Zimbabwe, Scientific and Industrial Research and Development Centre – National Metrology Institute, Ministry of Industry and Commerce – Trade Measures Department, Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe and National Laboratory Association of Zimbabwe (NLAZ). The winners of the Zimbabwean national competition will automatically qualify for the SADC Annual Quality Awards in 2020
The aim of the National Annual Quality Awards (NAQA) is to encourage business excellence through the sustained application of productivity and quality principles in large, small and medium scale enterprises in Zimbabwe. Furthermore, the competition can be used as a tool to provide structured and robust criteria upon which organizations can carefully assess their quality achievements and successes as well as identify areas that need improvement.
- To recognize organizations that excels in continuous quality improvement.
- To motivate organizations to adhere to proper quality business norms.
- To encourage organizations to comply with local, regional and international quality standards.
- To encourage application by organizations of the measurement tool kit, quality assurance, quality control and quality management systems.
- To enhance understanding of quality principles, business methods and all national and Zimbabwe harmonized standards that promote competitiveness.
- To recognize individuals that excels in their contributions to the SQAM Quality drive.
The NAQA Awards provide for five categories of awards.
In the first four categories, two awards per category are available:
- One for small and medium enterprises (SME) with less than 100 employees, and
- One for organizations with more than 100 employees- large enterprise (LE).
The fifth category is an individual award.
Category 1: Company of the year
Two awards, SME and LE: awarded to a company or organization that has pro-actively and effectively implemented quality principles.
Category 2: Product of the year
Two awards, SME and LE: awarded to a product that best reflects a commitment to quality.
Category 3: Service of the year
Two awards, SME and LE- awarded to a locally-delivered service that best reflects a commitment to local production and quality.
Category 4: Exporter of the year
Two awards, SME and LE- awarded to a company or organization that has made significant progress in commencing or expanding exports to new or wider markets by introducing quality in their company.
Category 5: Individual award for quality
This award is given to an individual that has made significant input into National Standards, Quality Assurance, Accreditation and Metrology SQAM efforts.
- NAQA Entry Form 2019 – Service of the Year – SME
- NAQA Entry Form 2019 – Service of the Year – LE
- NAQA Entry Form 2019 – Product of the Year – SME
- NAQA Entry Form 2019 – Product of the Year – LE
- NAQA Entry Form 2019 – Exporter of the Year – SME
- NAQA Entry Form 2019 – Exporter of the Year – LE
- NAQA Entry Form 2019 – Company of the Year – SME
- NAQA Entry Form 2019 – Company of the Year – LE
- NAQA BACKGROUND 2019
- NAQA Entry Form 2019- Category Five – Individual